Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Am In A New York State of Mind : Photographs by Susan Wides






I have lived in New York a very long time, yet I still say I am a southerner .Funny thing I never thought I would leave home even if I was a fish out of water there , I still knew how to breathe and I had a great time . As with most things in my life something serendipitous happen, love happened and I found myself in New York for a weekend. A weekend that became the beginning of a new home and many evolutions of me.

I have often said I came to New York because I love snow, that is still true. A bigger truth is, I was not thinking at all, I wanted to be here

I can sit inside my apartment and feel the energy of a living city pulsating through the bricks and mortar.I can be in a crowd here and feel quiet and stillness. I do not look for pictures of New York I am here now,but when I saw these images by Susan Wides I was drawn into her vision, I know these places , even to someone who lives here they can be strange yet beautiful and making us see that is part of what artists do.

All images are copyrighted by Susan Wides

2 comments:

  1. Very much enjoy looking at Susan Wides photos AND reading your words.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job showcasing Susan's work and giving it the attention it deserves. Thanks

    ReplyDelete