Monday, September 9, 2013

TREES OF LIFE AND

Come+ See
SlowExposures
September 20 - 29  2013
FIN FUR FEATHER FOLIAGE
Whiskey Bonding Barn

Molena Georgia


MCNAIR EVANS  -  FUR TREE & BOXWOOD

DALE NILES  -  ABUNDANCE
ELIOT DUDIK -  HANGING TREE ON JACKASS ROAD

Curating is a discipline,it  can be a ridged academic exercise in stress. I have had those moments but for me curating is organic and fluid, a way to discover new things share ideas and speak with the language of photographic images, what they reveal. I want the viewer to be seduced and understand the story I am sharing. Fin Fur Feather & Foliage is a new exhibition I am installing in The Historic Whiskey Bonding Barn in Molena GA on September 19 as part of Slowexposures and ACP .

The premise was a looking back with child like innocence at the Southern natural world.I think most southern children feel a birth right to be surround by green and living things. As I started to think about my experiences the garden of eden or the peaceable kingdom glow began to recede,leaving a place of shadows darkness weird mutations of life that seem to be on the edge of vision whispers of omens and otherness,another green world

There are 50 images in the exhibition it started with cute furry things but as the process went on I found myself favoring three photographs of trees which for me are a symbol of life lived these trees represent variations of the southern ideal of family tradition and bounty.Trees stand as  the watchers of the world rooted into place while observing  our follies giving never questioning,

These tree photographs are the key to this exhibitions and will appear on the next few postings


John A Bennette

No comments:

Post a Comment