Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Disruptive Technology

10 Years Later : Still Full of Surprises 2


SLOWEXPOSURES 2015

LOOKING AT 2 PICTURES

Jake Deese    Cody, Kimmy, David, and Stormy.Looking closely at details
Henry Jacobs    River Boys

After the exhibition was installed we began to notice that certain images created dialogues 
once you begin to spend time with them and look into the photograph's space and try to
find details about what is going on.Today Eye Caramba wrote on a Facebook post" Disruptive technology "
I love the pairing of these two words When I spoke about these two images I said I felt the photographer had 
intruded into a golden moments of youthful summers. 

Can we remember them without a snapshot.

Jake Deese's quartet of teenagers resting after river rafting are interesting because they are giving as much
as they are getting. Each one has an attitude from indifferent to agitated to cool disdain.Everything from posture to clothing
(what little) and facial mask add to our memories of being a teenager.The look of I am bothered but I am too cool to be.

Henry Jacobs' River Boys is gentle in its composition and the amount of space,light , river and sky each boy is given.
There is an airy idyllic sense to the day,just boys fishing.A timeless story I think I should let the artist speak here
" Chattahoochee river boys | The water moved steadily over and down the fifteen foot high dam, these young teenage boys out on the top ledge with their fishing poles like those before them have done for generations. I happened to be out on the river for @crkeeper when I passed by the scene early one summer morning. Fast forward to this weekend, and I had the opportunity to show it in good company with other photographers whose work was selected for Slow Exposures, a show that celebrates the rural south. Proud of that, and eager now to continue working on the river and sharing moments like this." like I said just boys fishing in the golden glow of youth and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment